Monday 24 December 2007

Let not your faith make you proud

There was a sincere devotee. For everything he used to say "God will Save Me".

Once there was a great flood. Everywere there was water and water. Not only house but even tall trees were under water. The devotee was living into a two floor house. When the water started rising, he shifted to first floor. A rescue boat reached him and requested him to come along to a safer place. He refused saying "God will save me".
The water reached the first floor and he shifted to second floor. Again the rescue boat reached him but he refused proudly saying "God will save me".
There was no let up in rains and the water level flooded his terrace. For the third time, the rescue boat reached him and again he turned down their request.
There was lightning wich struck him and he died instantly.
When he reached heaven he askede: "God all through my life I have been your sincere devotee but in my calamity you never came to my help. Why did you not save me from the freat floods that overflowed my house?"
God smile and said, "I came to you thrice but you were too proud of your faith to recognise me"..
-------Courtesy: "Manav Dharam"

No comments:

Try Google Search

Google